Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Introduction to the Super Sonic Learning Blog

The Placed Based Education Institute was an inspiring program that showed me how to make stronger connections between my lessons in the classroom, my students and the incredible habitat of Southeast Alaska.  The institute generated many new ideas including the development of this blog to enhance my student's learning.  I see this blog as a tool for me to help deliver my lessons, as a means to communicate with my students on a technological level they enjoy using, and to share the ideas developed and explored in daily classroom activities with parents and guardians.

The blog will include relevant information about lessons taught in class, World Wide Web links to enhance the lessons, links to homework assignments, a weekly journal post by a different student each week to share what we did in class, photographs of student work and student activities, and a "Where's Ms. G?" post in which my students can follow where I am traveling in the fall and see how I interact with my "place" and why I love to be outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment